- At registration, your team captain will receive 6 plastic bags (2 black and 4 clear).
- At the end of EACH DAY of the race, team captains should bring the following items to the registration desk:
- ONE completely FULL, clear plastic bag FILLED with CRUSHED plastic bottles (do NOT include bottle caps); and
- ONE clear plastic bag AT LEAST PARTIALLY FILLED with CRUSHED metal cans.
- If you follow these instructions, you will receive a speacial blanket, perfect for spreading out on the banks of the Potomac River! These soft, comfy blankets are made of recycled plastic bottles!
- All plastic bottles and metal cans must be CRUSHED (flattened)
- The clear plastic bags filled with CRUSHED plastic bottles must be completely FULL
- The clear plastic bags filled with CRUSHED metal cans do not need to be full
- Bags must not contain mixed items (e.g., plastic and metal, bottles and cans)
- The black bags filled with trash should stay at your tents - do NOT bring them to the registration desk
Recycling efforts and prizes are made possible with support from the Tzu Chi Foundation